A B12 shot is an injection of vitamin B12 directly into the muscle. Vitamin B12 is a vital nutrient that helps with the production of red blood cells, DNA synthesis, nerve function, and metabolism. The shot is given to address or prevent a deficiency in B12, which can occur due to insufficient dietary intake, malabsorption issues, or certain medical conditions. B12 shots are commonly prescribed to restore adequate B12 levels and alleviate symptoms like fatigue, weakness, anemia, and neurological problems.
Juvederm Ultra, Voluma, Radiesse, Restylane, Belotero
Dermal fillers are used to restore volume and fullness in the face, enhance certain facial features, and reduce the signs of aging. They work by filling in wrinkles, fine lines, and deep creases, improving other imperfections like scars, or enhancing the lips or cheeks. The most common types of dermal fillers are made of hyaluronic acid, a substance that’s naturally produced by our bodies and is notably present in our skin, connective tissue, and eyes. Its primary function is to retain water to keep our tissues well lubricated. Other filler types include poly-L-lactic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, and polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA).
1. Hyaluronic Acid Fillers: When injected, these fillers plump up the skin, smoothing out wrinkles and adding volume where it’s needed. The effects are temporary because our bodies gradually break down the hyaluronic acid, These fillers usually last 6-18 months (Juvederm Ultra, Voluma, Vollure, Volbella, Restylane, Kysse, Revanesse Versa, Belotero)
2. Calcium Hydroxylapatite Fillers: This substance is found naturally in human bones and is often used for moderate-to-severe creases such as marionette lines, nasolabial folds, and frown lines. It can also be used to enhance fullness of the cheeks and other facial contours. (Radiesse)
Botulinum toxin injectables are commonly used to reduce facial wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing specific muscles. This interruption of nerve signals to the muscles reduces muscle contractions, softening the appearance of wrinkles. The effects last about 3-6 months. Botulinum toxin is also used in treating various medical conditions related to muscle activity or overactivity.
PL, or Intense Pulsed Light, is a laser treatment that uses different types of light to improve the skin's appearance. It works by targeting specific parts of the skin, like pigment or blood vessels, without harming the surrounding skin. IPL can be used for
various purposes, reducing skin discoloration, treating acne, reducing redness, improving the appearance of scars, and reversing the effects of sun damage on the skin.
Lumeca IPL distinguishes itself amongst other lasers in that:
1. High Energy Output: Lumecca delivers high energy levels, allowing for effective treatment of a wide range of skin concerns, including pigmentation irregularities, vascular lesions, sun damage, and age spots. The high energy output enables deeper
penetration into the skin, resulting in more comprehensive and noticeable results.
2. Broad Spectrum of Light: Lumecca utilizes a broad spectrum of light, which means it emits light across a wide range of wavelengths. This broad spectrum allows for the targeting of multiple chromophores (pigments) in the skin, making it versatile and adaptable for various treatment purposes. It can effectively address different skin conditions and customize treatments based on individual needs.
3. Advanced Cooling Mechanisms: Lumecca is equipped with advanced cooling mechanisms to minimize discomfort during treatment. Cooling technology helps protect the skin’s surface while maximizing the absorption of light energy by the targeted areas. This enhances patient comfort and reduces the risk of adverse effects.
4. Efficient Treatment Time: Due to its high energy output and broad spectrum, Lumecca can deliver results in a shorter treatment time. The device’s large spot size allows for a larger treatment area to be covered in a single pulse, reducing the overall
treatment time required.
5. Clinically Proven Results: Lumecca has undergone extensive clinical studies to demonstrate its safety and efficacy in various applications. These studies have shown significant improvement in skin quality, reduction of pigmentation irregularities, and overall skin rejuvenation. The device is often backed by scientific evidence and supported by reputable medical professionals.
Laser hair removal uses a special device that emits strong beams of light. This light is absorbed by the dark color in our hair, which is called melanin. When the light is absorbed by the hair, it turns into heat, and this heat damages the part of the hair that makes it grow. By damaging the hair in this way, the laser prevents it from growing back. The laser only works on hair that is actively growing, so you need multiple sessions to treat all the hair. Laser hair removal is a safe and effective way to reduce unwanted hair on your body or face, but the results can vary depending on your hair color and skin type.
Not all laser hair removal lasers are the same!
DiolazeXL stands out among other laser hair removal devices on the market due to the following factors:
1. Safety features: It incorporates a built-in cooling mechanism and a high-speed scanner to minimize discomfort and prevent damage to the surrounding skin during treatment.
2. Speed and efficiency: DiolazeXL utilizes high-frequency diode technology and a large treatment spot size, resulting in shorter treatment times and making it suitable for larger areas of the body.
3. Versatility: It can be used on various skin types and tones, thanks to adjustable parameters and a combination of high peak power and long pulse duration.
4. Long-lasting results: With multiple treatment sessions, DiolazeXL can lead to long-term hair reduction and even permanent hair removal.
5. Comfort: The cooling mechanism helps keep the treatment area cool, ensuring minimal pain and increased patient satisfaction.
Skinvive is the first and only injectable designed to add hydration directly into the skin and improve radiance. Results last up to six months! This hyaluronic acid filler is the first filler in its class that is meant to be deposited in the second layer of the skin more superficial that other dermal fillers. Injecting it directly into the skin, it draws in water molecules thus improving hydration.
Kenalog is a medication used to treat scars. It is injected directly into the scar tissue to reduce inflammation and suppress the immune response. By doing so, it can help flatten and soften raised scars and reduce redness and itching.
Asclera is used for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins.
Sclerotherapy is a non-surgical procedure used to treat varicose veins and spider veins. It involves injecting a sclerosant solution (Asclera) directly into the affected veins. The sclerosant irritates the vein walls, causing them to stick together and close off. Over time, the treated veins are absorbed by the body and disappear. Sclerotherapy is typically performed in an outpatient setting, and multiple injections may be necessary depending on the extent of the vein problem. It is a safe and effective treatment option for many individuals seeking to improve the appearance of varicose veins and spider veins.
Laser tattoo removal is a procedure that uses laser light to break down the ink in a tattoo. The process involves several steps. First, a trained professional assesses the tattoo to determine if laser removal is suitable. Before treatment, the area is prepared by cleaning and shaving the skin, and protective eyewear is provided. During the treatment, a handheld device emits short bursts of intense laser light onto the tattooed area. The laser light is absorbed by the tattoo ink, causing it to break into smaller particles. Different laser wavelengths are used to target different ink colors. Once the ink particles are shattered, the body’s immune system recognizes them as foreign substances and gradually removes them over time. This process happens through the lymphatic system, which carries away the fragmented ink particles from the tattoo site. Multiple laser sessions are typically required to achieve significant fading or complete removal of the tattoo. After each laser session, the treated area may appear red, swollen, and blistered. Post-treatment care instructions, such as applying ointment and avoiding sun exposure, are provided to promote healing.
What is special about our particular device?
The Lutronic Spectra laser device is a popular option for tattoo removal and offers several features that make it stand out compared to other laser devices. Here are some reasons why the Lutronic Spectra device is considered advantageous:
1. Precision: The Spectra device offers precise control over laser energy delivery. It uses a technology called Q-switching, which delivers short, high-intensity laser pulses in nanoseconds. This precise control helps minimize damage to the surrounding skin while effectively targeting the tattoo ink.
2. Adjustable Parameters: The device allows for adjustable parameters, such as pulse duration and energy levels. This flexibility enables the treatment to be customized based on the specific characteristics of the tattoo, including size, depth, and location. The ability to tailor the treatment parameters can enhance the effectiveness and safety of the procedure.
3. Reduced Discomfort: The Spectra device incorporates a feature called the Spectra mode, which delivers laser energy in a rapid, low-fluence manner. This mode helps reduce discomfort during the treatment, making the process more tolerable for patients.
4. Minimal Side Effects: The Lutronic Spectra device is known for its ability to minimize side effects and complications. By using specific laser wavelengths and controlled energy delivery, it can target the tattoo ink while minimizing damage to the surrounding skin. This reduces the risk of adverse effects such as scarring or changes in skin pigmentation.
Morpheus8 is a state of the art non-surgical aesthetic treatment used to rejuvenate the skin. It combines two different kinds of technology microneedling and radiofrequency energy. Microneedling involves the use of tiny needles to create controlled micro-injuries in the top layers of the skin, which stimulate the body’s natural healing response and encourage collagen growth. Radiofrequency energy delivers heat into deeper layers of the skin to stimulate collagen and elastin production directly at the source.
By combining these two techniques, Morpheus8 can help tighten and smooth the skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, acne scars, and other forms of skin damage. It’s commonly used on the face and neck, but can also be used on other parts of the body.
Only a medical grade topical anesthetic is needed to provide comfort during the procedure.
Many providers suggest an initial series of 1 to 3 treatments, spaced about 4 to 6 weeks apart. This allows for a progressive improvement in skin quality, as the treatment stimulates the body’s natural collagen production response over time. After the initial series, maintenance treatments may be recommended every 6 to 12 months to sustain the benefits.
The reason for multiple treatments is that skin rejuvenation is a gradual process. Each Morpheus8 treatment stimulates the production of new collagen and elastin in the skin, but it takes time for these changes to become visible. Multiple treatments allow for a more significant and sustained improvement in skin structure and appearance.
However, the number of treatments required can vary widely among individuals. Factors like the person’s age, skin type, extent of skin damage, and individual healing response can all influence the number of treatments needed. Some people may see significant improvements after just one treatment, while others may need several treatments to achieve their desired results.